Thursday, January 20, 2011

Frank Smith, investment banker Series: OBITUARIES

ST. PETERSBURG - Frank S. Smith, retired vice president and trust officer in charge of the trust investment division of Union Trust National Bank, now C & S Bank, died Friday (Dec. 29, 1989) of cancer at his residence, 650 Pinellas Point Drive S. He was 74.
``Frank was recognized by his peers and banking associates as one of the finest trust investment officers in the state of Florida and throughout the South,`` said James S. Craig, retired head of the trust department at the former Landmark Union Trust Bank.
`` Additionally, he was a very close personal friend for more than 25 years,`` Craig said.
Before joining Union Trust National Bank in 1960, he was an account executive and representative of several nationally known brokerage firms locally and in Baltimore and Kansas City, Kan., where he was with Merrill Lynch. He retired in 1979.
A native of Baltimore, he came here in 1956 from Meridian, Miss., where he also was a broker. He was a graduate of the University of Maryland, College Park, Md.
He was former chairman of the Trust Investment Committee of the Florida Bankers Association and had taught bank investment courses at the American Institute of Bankers in St. Petersburg.
He was a member of St. Peter's Episcopal Cathedral and a former member of the St. Petersburg Yacht Club and Lakewood Country Club.
During World War II, he served as a captain in the Army Air Forces.
Survivors include his wife, Elizabeth ``Libby``; a daughter, Jodi S. Borowsky, Vienna, Va.; and three grandchildren.
Friends may call from 2 to 4 p.m. Monday at Kenfield-Woodlawn Funeral Home, 200 Pasadena Ave. S, where a funeral will be held at 1 p.m. Tuesday, with the Rev. Walter Cawthorne officiating.
Burial will follow in Woodlawn-Memory Gardens Cemetery.

6 comments:

  1. Permit me to introduce you to LE-MERIDIAN FUNDING SERVICES. We are directly into pure loan and project(s) financing in terms of investment. We provide financing solutions to private/companies seeking access to funds in the capital markets i.e. oil and gas, real estate, renewable energy, Pharmaceuticals, Health Care, transportation, construction, hotels and etc. We can finance up to the amount of $900,000,000.000 (Nine Hundred Million Dollars) in any region of the world as long as our 1.9% ROI can be guaranteed on the projects.
    Le-Meridian Funding Service.
    (60 Piccadilly, Mayfair, London W1J 0BH, UK) Email Contact Info...lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loan Opportunity Offered By Mr, Benjamin That Save My Family From Financial Bondage {lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com}

    Hello Everyone, I am Putri Adiratnaa single mom from Jakarta, I would like to share this great testimony on how I got a loan from Mr, Benjamin, when we were driven out of our home when I couldn't pay my bills anymore, After being scammed by various companies online and denied a loan from my bank and some other credit union I visited. My children were taken by the foster care, I was all alone in the street. The day i shamefully walked into an old school mate who introduced me to Daisy Maureen. At first I told her that I am not ready to take any risk of requesting a loan online anymore, but she assured me that I will receive my loan from them. On a second thought, due to my homelessness I had to take a trial and applied for the loan, luckily for me I received a loan of $80,000.00 from Mr, Benjamin. I'm happy I took the risk and applied for the loan. My kids have been given back to me and now I own a home and a business of my own. All thanks and gratitude goes to Le_Meridian Funding Service and for the help of Mr, Benjamin for giving me a meaning to life when i had lost all hope. If you currently seeking for a loan assistance, you can contact them via: {lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com} Or WhatsApp +11-989-394-3740

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello everyone, I'm Patricia Sherman in Oklahoma USA right now. I would like to share with you my experience of borrowing USD $185,000.00 to clear my bank draft and start a new business. It all started when I lost my house and I took my stuff because of the bank policy and I met some bills and some personal needs. So I became very desperate and started looking for funds in every way. Fortunately for me, a friend of mine, Linda told me about a credit company firm, I was intrigued by the fraud, but I was intrigued by my situation and had no choice but to get advice from my friend about this company. contacting them really doubted me because of my past experience with online lenders, did you know that little? '' Elegantloanfirm@hotmail.com This company has been very helpful to me and my colleague and today, thanks to this credit company, the proud owner of well-organized work and responsibilities, they smiled back at me. So if you really need to grow or start your own business, or if you really need to borrow money in any financial hardship, we recommend you find a financial development opportunity in your business today. {E-mail:} Elegantloanfirm@hotmail.com ... online for credit not a victim of scam. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr Pedro and his investment funding helped me achieve my project funding with the return of 2% rate in return for loan amount of 500,000.00 Euro to finance my project and it was very fast and secure so I will advise anyone here looking for loans or investors to contact Mr Pedro on pedroloanss@gmail.com
    Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey everyone, sorry I've been away for so long. Just a lot of good news on my side. I want to share here some good news of how to get a positive loan lender to finance my business, please pass this along and share! I got a loan approval from Mr Pedro Jerome so I am very excited and it is one step closer to a good future. I hope everyone is doing well. I am on a good track to my business needs on my side. It just keeps getting higher and higher. Hopefully soon I can get back on track with the help of Pedro Jerome a loan officer,
    If anyone here looking for a loan please contact Mr Pedro Jerome on pedroloanss@gmail.com also on whatsapp conversation +1 863 231 0632
    I wish you all success.....

    ReplyDelete